Thursday, September 24, 2009

Look out, Jon has busted out of the Big House!

Hi Everyone! Just a quick note to let you all know that Jon is out of the hospital and has made it to the Stanford Guest House safe and sound. Overnight Jon was able to drop 2.2 pounds of water which made his doctors happy, so they let him out. We are both going to be a bit germaphobic until we get home and Jon will be wearing a mask when he goes out and when we are at the airport next Tuesday. We will also be using hand sanitizers often. Jon is feeling very good and I worry that he's going to try to overachieve at his recovery, thank goodness, I play the "Nurse Ratchet" roll extremely well! Jon's Mom and Dad are flying home today. Mom called when she got to the airport and warned us to get there way early as it was a traffic nightmare for them. I'll be sure to do that because we have to wait for the plane somewhere, might as well be at the airport and it will be less stressful on Jon. This afternoon I will be running to the grocery store to pickup food that fits into Jon's new "lower salt" diet and to pick up a bathroom scale (he has to closely monitor his weight because of fluid build up), and we need one of those pill case jobbers so it will be easier to keep track of Jon's meds. Now I'm going to warn you. In my next email I plan on sending a couple of pictures of Jon showing his chest. If you don't want to see the photo disregard the email from me with the subject "not for the faint of heart. hehehe, do you get the pun? deb

No comments:

Post a Comment