Monday, September 28, 2009

Good To Go!

Deb and I just got back from the medical center and Dr. Miller and his team have given us the green light to go home. We have everything set for tomorrow and should be back on the ground in Minnesota around 6:00 PM tomorrow evening! Neither of us can wait. California is beautiful and everyone here has been just fantastic, but we need to get home. Mom and Dad are picking us up at the airport.

I have an appointment with my family doctor right away Wednesday morning to transfer care responsibility to him for the remainder of my recuperation. Return to work date was set today at 8 weeks from the date of surgery. This puts me back Nov 16 on a part time basis as tolerated. I'm looking forward to getting back, but I'm also looking forward to recuperating at home and letting my sternum heal up good and solid.

Dr. Miller told me to take it easy, and he knows that will be tough for me, because he said when they tried to cross-match my blood they found out my closest match was mule :-) Apparently someone has been talking out of school about me!

One big hurdle left to jump and them we settle into, hopefully, a bunch of small ones in friendly confines of home.

Thanks everyone -- can't wait to catch up with all of you in person at some point in time!

Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment